Sunday, November 30, 2008

Catching up and moving on...

It’s been a while. I guess I feel I need to write entries in order, and I avoided writing anything after Wasatch. So, I guess I’ll start with a short summary of Wasatch. I was in great shape. I had put in the miles following MMT and was feeling confident I could run up with the top of the field. I had some health issues the week of, on top of some personal stress, and the combination contributed to a bad mental state and a DNF at Lamb’s Canyon. I awoke the Thursday before Wasatch with issues of maintaining consciousness. I’m a fainter, and when I’m in pain, I tend to pass out. Not knowing what was wrong, I imagined all sorts of issues, from a hernia to a tumor. It turned out to be some ovarian cysts that were acting up, but it’s hard to start 100 miles with an unidentified health issue. Anyhow, on to other topics….

I was in a funk for a couple of weeks after Wasatch and didn’t run a step. But luckily it ended quickly and I ran well at the Big Schloss 50K, and had a great time while taking first overall, which is definitely a first. All of the speedy boys (and girls) stayed home that day. OK, now that that is out of the way, I'll promise to post again and talk about the present.....

No comments: