Thursday, June 11, 2009

Laurel Highlands it is.

For some reason the thought of 40 miles at Highlands Sky next weekend seemed like too much too soon, so I opted for 70 miles at Laurel Highlands this weekend. Seems like a logical choice, no? Both are supposed to be beautiful races. I've been told that Laurel Highlands has some nice ferny patches. I'm a sucker for ferns and forest gnomes.


On another note, I survived my first bike ride. I got the bike home, and then was petrified to head out for a ride for fear of tipping over. After an hour of psyching myself up, I ventured out. The clipless pedals were a cinch. Can't wait to get out again.... maybe for a little recovery ride on Sunday.

4 comments:

Olga said...

A VERY logical choice, indeed. Have fun!

ultrarunnergirl said...

You will not be sorry! If you're not feeling racy, just enjoy the journey - it's the best trail I've seen to do just that. Have fun and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Amy: Wondering if you'll blog the LHU. I was near you early on - took a pic in rocks for perspective, but your face is obscured. It was my first real* ultra and I'd love some perspective from someone experienced now that I've done one. You rocked! My wife and sister crewed me and were astounded by you.
* I call my two road 50Ks the sippy cups of ultras.
Dan Nephin dnephin@verizon.net

Unknown said...

Call Girls in Nehru Place
Call Girls in Uttam Nagar
Call Girls in Uttam Nagar
Call Girls in Mahipalpur
Call Girls in Vasant Kunj

Call Girls in Vasant Kunj
Call Girls in Vasant Kunj

Call Girls in Dwarka
Call Girls in Dwarka